LeDuc's

LeDuc's

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy 9 Months (and a recap of our first month)

     Bryce turns 9 months today!  He is the sweetest little thing and is always so happy, but at times he can get an attitude.... I don't know where he gets it from :).  I only have one complaint about him... I have always, always wanted a child who loves to cuddle, especially after a nap... He is the exact opposite!  He won't even lay his head down for 2 seconds on your chest.  He is constantly moving and on the go, and doesn't want to miss a thing.  He is a very busy boy and we love him so much.  His smile just melts our hearts and he is smiling all day long. 



      We are coming into our 4th week of being in Spain.  I still can't believe we are here.  You hear about other countries your whole life, and you just don't believe they really exist until you are actually there!  This country is gorgeous, and I hope that we will be able to see most of it before we head back to California in May.  I am getting use to living here now.  The food is good.... not the best though.  I tell Bryan that if I like something, just don't tell me what's in it cause then I may not eat it anymore if I know something gross is in it. Also I finally got use to the Diet Coke here.  It tastes so different then what it does back home. There is a restaurant here that feeds the players on the basketball team.  Each player gets 2 free meals a day.  The owner is the nicest man.  Sometimes I will go with Bryan to eat there, and the owner will not let us pay for my meal.  He is so sweet to let me eat for free.  The food is good there.... but that is definatly a place where I tell Bryan, "Do not tell me what I'm eating."  Their cooking is very different.  Bryce is always the center of attention when we go eat.  There is an old man that is always there, and he always comes to our table and just picks up Bryce and walks away.  It's pretty funny.  After we are done eating, we normally walk to San Francisco Park.  It's a very nice walk and the park is so big and beautiful.  We walked there the other day and Bryan wanted to see the old basketball court he use to play on.  We found it, and Bryan just couldn't believe that he was back there.  I asked him, "Would you have ever thought that you would be back standing on this court with your wife and son?"  he said, "Never in a million years!"  Bryan still can't believe that he is back in Spain. 

      Last Sunday we went to church.  It was something I have never experienced before.  First off... we had to take a bus there hahaha.  Church was held in the bottom of an apartment building and was very small.  There were probably about 40 people total there.  We walked in and everybody came over to say hello to us, and to hug Bryan because most of them remember Bryan from his mission.  When we sat down, the branch pres. came over to Bryan (who by the way gave us a crib for Bryce, and also Bryan taught this man the new member lessons right after he got baptized) he asked Bryan if he could give a talk, because they didn't have enough speakers.  Bryan gave a great talk (actually I don't know if it was that good because it was in Spanish, so I didn't even know what he was saying).  After Bryans talk I asked him the same question I asked earlier, "Would you have ever thought you would be back in this building at church with your wife and son?"  And again his answer was, "Never in a million years!"   I know what you are all thinking..... 3 hours of church, all in Spanish, and I don't understand one word of it!  I will say, the 3 hours did go by fast, and hopefully I will start learning the language.  Everybody was so nice and I'm excited to make some new friends.

    Bryan is doing good with basketball.  He is getting along great with his team and coaches.  They have had 5 games now and their season starts next Saturday.  Bryan is playing really good.  There has only been one home game, so I've only gotten to see him play in one game.  It's so different to watch him play now with having Bryce there.  I want to watch the whole game with no interuptions, but we all know that's not going to happen.  Bryce did ok for his first game watching his dad play.  He was so excited watching the players warm up....but once the buzzer went off, he would scream his head off.  Everytime the buzzer would go off, Bryce would be in tears.  He finally got the hang of the noise by the end of halftime.  Poor guy.  We are excited to watch Bryan play this season and know he's going to do awesome!


At the bus stop on our way to church




This fountain is 2 feet from the basketball court Bryan use to play on at the park


He loves to read books, he will sit on my lap and turn the page for me when I read to him


Bryce loves to look out the window.  He reaches for it all the time when we walk past it.


It gets cold on our walks at night

3 comments:

  1. Wow you sure did write a lot in this post. A little less talkie talk! Just playin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, this is the most amazing experience you are having!! I would love to go experience Steve's mission and even live there. I am so happy that you are able to be there!!!
    I LOVE that you don't want to know what is in the food, you are very smart but I don't think I would be able to handle that! haha. And 3 hours of church without knowing the language, sounds all too familiar:) You will learn the language in no time since you are immersed in it! Glad Bryan is doing so well with the basketball!
    Oh and ps I love all of the "talkie talk" as Jennah called it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 9 month Birthday Bryce!!!!!! Sounds as though you, Bryce and Brian are settling in and on your way. Unfortunately, May will be here before you know it. Everyone who comments on your blog sounds a little envious, including me. I admire you for taking this leap of faith and picking up and moving to a foreign land and a new culture.

    It has turned cold here in Utah....temp in the low 30s. The mountains are covered
    with snow and all is wet and cloudy. Your dad called tonight and said that he and your mom when spending the night in Colby, Kansas. The wind was blowing so hard they could hardly open the doors to the car. We had hoped that they would be able to spend a night with us. But, they will not be traveling this far north.

    We send our love and support to all of you. I am enjoying reading your blog. Keep it up!!!! Much love, Aunt Rebecca

    ReplyDelete